News: #BalladBurningStar 2014 Tour & Jan 2014 Master Class
Ballad of the Burning Star:
Three-Week Run at Battersea Arts Centre, London, and UK Tour for Spring 2014 Announced
We’re excited to announce that our Stage Award-Winning explosive ‘theatrical hand grenade‘ (Lyn Gardner, The Guardian) of a production, Ballad of the Burning Star, will tour the UK January – March 2014. The tour will include a three-week London run at Battersea Arts Centre from the 17 Feb – 08 Mar 2014: we hope you can join us.
- Wellington School | 30th Jan – Somerset, 01823 668800
- The Tolmen Centre | 31st Jan & 1st Feb – Constantine, Cornwall 01326 341353
- Theatre At The Mill | 4th Feb – Belfast, 028 9034 0202, www.theatreatthemill.com
- Bristol Old Vic | 6th, 7th, 8th Feb (includes matinee) – Bristol, 0117 987 7877, www.bristolorldvic.org.uk
- The Lowry | 11th, 12th – Salford, 0843 208 6010, www.thelowry.com
- The North Wall | 13th & 14th – Oxford, 01865 319450, www.thenorthwall.com
- Battersea Arts Centre | 17th Feb – 8th March (No show 23 Feb & 2 March) - London, 020 7223 2223, www.bac.org.uk
- Unity Theatre | 11th, 12th March – Liverpool, 0844 873 2888, www.unitytheatreliverpool.co.
- Lakeside Theatre | 13th March – University of Essex, Colchester, 01206 873261, www.lakesidetheatre.org.uk
Multi-award winning Theatre Ad Infinitum (Translunar Paradise, The Big Smoke & Odyssey) presents an explosive tale. Armed with music, killer heels and a lethal troop of divas an enraged Israeli executes a story of victimhood, persecution, aggression and love. With shrapnel sharp voices and moves as smooth as an oiled tank chain, this cabaret troop invites you on a journey into the core of the conflicted Jewish State.
Winner of The Stage Award ‘Best Ensemble’ 2013
“A theatrical hand grenade” – The Guardian **** (4)
“A thrillingly edgy piece of entertainment” – The Scotsman ***** (5)
“Bold and Inventive” – The Stage, a MUST SEE! Show
Ballad of the Burning Star was supported by Arts Council England, and co-produced with Tara Arts, Redbridge Drama Centre, The Lowry, Theatre Bench and the Bush Theatre.
Weeklong Master Class | 6th-10th Jan 2014 @ Shoreditch Town Hall
The Storytelling Ensemble
Theatre Ad Infinitum is running a weeklong master class for professional and semi-professional actors, directors and theatre practitioners. There are a limited number of places so please book early to avoid disappointment.
This is a unique opportunity to dive headfirst into a productive environment that explores storytelling via a Lecoq-style method that will push the physical limits of the actor as a creative theatre-maker working within a group.
The workshop will explore how the actor in an empty space can bring to life an abundant world of characters, spaces, colours, emotions and atmospheres – with the body alone. Together, we will discover the storytelling ensemble drawing upon varied dramatic styles and genres; creating and changing the theatrical space en mass. We will search for each person’s unique creative universe and how it can co-exist in a physically engaged ensemble. The week will build towards the creation of a short devised piece.
- Led by Nir Paldi Co-Artistic Director of Theatre Ad Infinitum
- Mon 6th – Fri 10th Jan 2014, 10am – 6pm
- Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, London EC1V 9LT
- To participate send your CV and a photo/headshot to: email@example.com
Watch this space and/or subscribe to our mailing list using the form on the right of this web-page for the latest Theatre Ad Infinitum news…